How to find the right real estate brokerage and agent to sell your home
There are a number of things to consider when selling you home. First and foremost, it is important to find the right brokerage and agent to handle your sale. There are a number of things to look for in a real estate brokerage and in a selling agent that will make your transaction go from stressful to smooth and hassle-free. Likewise, arming yourself with as much information as possible before you start the process will certainly make things go more seamlessly as well. And, the good news is you have come to the right spot!
First of all, here is what you need to find out about the real estate brokerage you are considering:
- They need to have a solid reputation. Ask your friends and neighbors who they have worked with in the past. Read the reviews on any firms you are considering working with. Go to the office and get a feel for the culture.
- Find out if the agents in the brokerage are provided with and encouraged to get the most current training available to stay up on trends, negotiations, and financial aspects of real estate.
- One thing you should really consider is a real estate brokerage that is local whether it is by city, region, or state. Going with one that has offices all over the country, with management that isn’t always familiar with their present location won’t be able to serve your needs as well as a local real estate broker. Locals will know the ins and outs of real estate in the area which will come in handy when pricing and selling your home.
- Determine if they use the latest technology to help you find buyers quickly. It is great if they offer 3D tours to target a broader audience for your home. You should also find out where they will list your home as well to make sure it will get broad exposure.
You want a listing agent, who:
- Provides a comparative market analysis—they should be able to help you determine a price based on the local market as well as on the condition of your home and its location.
- Is able to find and vet quality buyers—Your agent should talk to the buyer’s agent and determine whether the buyer is serious (has the money for a down payment and earnest money and knows when they want to close).
- Is willing to show your home personally—Sure, an assistant can show your home, but it is best if you have an agent who will do the showing for you. This will give them (and you ultimately) a good idea of how the home was received, whether the price is right, and whether there are some serious buyers interested in your home.
- Will help you stage your home—whether the agent will help personally, or knows someone who offers staging, you will want them to be able to advise you on how to make your home the most presentable and attractive for buyers.
- Will be a great negotiator—your listing agent needs to be someone who isn’t afraid to negotiate and try to get you everything you need and want (within reason) from your home sale.
- Loves dotting I’s and crossing T’s—well, let’s be honest, they don’t have to love doing it, but they do have to do it well. You need someone who can read through a title, get a contract drafted and signed, and handle any other paperwork needed for the sale that is the seller’s responsibility. It is one of the most important services a listing agent can provide.
Not to mention, you want an agent who:
- Has a great reputation for integrity, negotiation, and communication
- Has a broad knowledge of the local real estate market
- Will get professional photos taken of your home which are essential
- Likes social media and will use it to get your home sold for the right price
- Is trustworthy, genuine, and empathetic
- Is attentive and a great listener
- Handles your calls and needs rather than pawning it off to assistants
- Will negotiate their commission to make it work financially for everyone
- You get a good positive vibe from
Selling your home is a big deal. Oftentimes it is not only a financial transaction, but a very emotional one, so you want someone who gets you, who gets your situation, and who works for a brokerage that has a local connection and is genuinely into helping people live their best lives, and frankly, that’s 616 Realty.