Moving to Michigan, more specifically in and around the Grand Rapids Metropolitan area, is a great decision, and no one can help you better with your transition than locally founded Broker, Scot Kellogg, and the real estate agents at 616 REALTY. Scot is a Grand Rapids native who not only knows the area and state like the palm of his “mitten” shaped hand, but he loves his hometown and wants you to experience all it has to offer.
With his team of 80+ agents, most of them natives of the 616 area code, are experts at the neighborhoods and cities in and around Grand Rapids and West Michigan. If you are considering or planning to move to the region, they would like to help you find the best neighborhood and the right piece of real estate to make your move to West Michigan less of a stress and more of a dream come true.
There are a number of wonderful Grand Rapids neighborhoods to consider:
Alger Heights is a heavily desired neighborhood where families are pushing strollers and walking their dogs while stopping to talk to neighbors. The neighborhood is mostly quiet and residential, but it also has a few lovely restaurants, taquerias, shops, breweries, bars, a library, and even an ice cream shop for those hot summer nights.
Eastown is a walkable community with a hipster, as well as, historic vibe. With cobblestone streets and a number of restaurants, bars, and shops, it is a desirable neighborhood with a lot going on. If you are looking for a home and a neighborhood with character, this might be the place for you.
Creston is a great neighborhood for families who are looking for a big backyard and a quiet and safe street for their children to play on. The mid-century established neighborhood also boasts a number of quaint shops, restaurants, and bars in its commercialized areas. The sense of community stands out in Creston making it a great place to relocate to and call home.
Fulton Heights, like Creston is right near the happenings in downtown Grand Rapids, but with the quiet residential neighborhoods that afford you a peaceful night’s sleep. Enjoy walking in its lovely community garden and park and active community.
Highland Park is a neighborhood that is almost fully residential, and if you enjoy a night out, you are a five minute drive away. The community is strong and there is a quiet peacefulness that allows you and your family to escape the urban noise but enjoy its conveniences.
Outside, but near the city, there are a lot of places to settle in for a lovely Michigan experience.
- The town of Ada is a short five mile drive and offers quaint homes as well as grand palatial spaces to spread out with forest views.
- Lowell, just another four miles east offers a rural quietness with all the amenities.
- Cedar Springs as well as Rockford are short jaunts north of Grand Rapids; The former offering a simple, country-like experience while the latter has a number of fun shops, restaurants, and a lovely bike path that goes in either direction for miles and miles.
- Head south to Hastings and a number of other agricultural communities with a simple serene vibe and beautiful green vistas.
- Go west and you can experience a number of communities with low-key living near the water’s edge. Holland, Grand Haven, Muskegon, Whitehall, and on up to Ludington you will find cool communities that offer a vacation-like atmosphere with all the amenities, more importantly sandy beaches.
Whatever you are looking for in your relocation to West Michigan, 616 REALTY has the agents, expertise, and desire to make your move a positive one. Contact us today.