Fulton Heights is a residential yet urban community, conveniently located near major highways and just a few minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. With a magnificent park and a lush community garden, Fulton Heights brings that tight-knit community feel to a bustling city neighborhood.
Where Is the Fulton Heights Neighborhood?
Fulton Heights is east of downtown Grand Rapids, with Michigan Street to the north, Fulton Street to the south, Fuller Avenue to the west, and Plymouth Avenue to the east. It sits just north of Aquinas College and just east of Midtown.
Which Zip Codes Are in Fulton Heights?
All of Fulton Heights resides in the 49503 zip code.
What Kind of Homes Are Found in Fulton Heights?
In Fulton Heights, you’ll find mostly single detached homes, often with at least three bedrooms. The average home is about 84 years old.
Houses for Sale in Fulton Heights, Grand Rapids, MI
At 616 Realty, we help our clients find the home of their dreams. Browse our Grand Rapids listings to see if any homes in Fulton Heights are currently on the market:
More Information About Fulton Heights
Fulton Heights resides within the Grand Rapids Public Schools District. However, there are two private elementary schools within its borders:
- Living Stones Academy: This private Christian elementary school serves students in preschool through sixth grade.
- William C. Abney Academy: This tuition-free public charter school offers elementary education to students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
The population of Fulton Heights is estimated at just under 2,000 people.
- The Cheese Lady: Just across Fuller Avenue in the Midtown neighborhood is The Cheese Lady, a local treasure trove of delectable cheeses and delicious snack and drink pairings.
- Grand Rapids Bicycle Co.: Whether you’d like to rent a bike for a day on the trails or want an expert opinion before making a purchase, Grand Rapids Bicycle Co. can help.
- Modrn GR: You can browse a wide selection of home accessories, modern furniture, and chic decor at this local home goods store.
- Schnitz Deli & Bakery: Hungry for some world-famous deli sandwiches? Schnitz Deli offers classic cold cuts alongside some yummy desserts from their bakery.
- Common Ground Coffee House: Attached to Schnitz Deli is Common Ground Coffee House, a perfect place to relax with a delicious cup of coffee and some baked goods from the Schnitz Bakery.
- Danzón Cubano: Enjoy incredible Cuban cuisine and cocktails at this local restaurant devoted to life and flavor.
- Bill’s Family Restaurant: Swing by Bill’s to satisfy your breakfast or lunch cravings.
- Family Fare Supermarket: Enjoy a wide selection of goods from this local chain within the borders of Fulton Heights.
- Fulton Street Farmers Market: Although technically in Midtown, Fulton Street Farmers Market is just a short walk from Fulton Heights. For nearly 100 years, Fulton Street Farmers Market has provided delicious food and produce to local neighborhoods like Fulton Heights as well as the city of Grand Rapids at large.
Parks & Recreation
- Fuller Park: The main greenspace in Fulton Heights is Fuller Park, a city park located in the northwest corner of the neighborhood. The park features the popular Hillcrest Dog Park as well as a basketball court, splash pad, and playground.
- Hillcrest Community Garden: Did you know one of the largest community gardens in Michigan resides in this little neighborhood? The Hillcrest Community Garden is owned and operated by the Fulton Heights Neighborhood Association, and it offers 100 plots of land for neighbors to garden together.
There are many local doctors in and near Fulton Heights. For more serious medical care, Fulton Heights is less than 10 minutes away from to two major hospitals:
- Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital: Receive emergency care or medical services regarding breast cancer, joint replacement, bariatric surgery, stroke, and more.
- Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital: Receive emergency care or medical services focusing on pregnancy, heart and vascular care, bone and joint treatment, and more.